Location: Vancouver, BC
Role: Junior Software Developer
Start Date: As soon as possible
We’re looking for a Junior Full Stack Software Developer for our Software Development teams to join us in the design, building, testing, and deployment of new products and features for the Appara Legal Automation Platform. You’ll be working with a team of talented developers to develop high-quality products that are scalable, testable, and extensible and provide high value to our customers.
As a key member of the development team, you will work closely with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to define and execute on our vision and values. While based in Appara’s Vancouver office, you will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with and teammates to design, build, test, and ship high-quality software to Appara’s customers.
- Iterate in an agile fashion creating hypotheses and testing them with incremental code shipments through continuous integration.
- Identify multiple candidate solutions to a problem and evaluate them for fit given the constraints of the project.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- At least 1 year of experience in designing, developing and maintaining software or an equivalent level of work experience (can be via CO-OP terms).
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs.
- Creativity and Innovation: looks to seek new and better ways of doing things, generating original and imaginative ideas, products, and/or solutions.
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems and looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and proposes several possible solutions.
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others. You are a learn-it-all, not a know-it-all.
- Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
- Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
- Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other’s growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.