Location: Vancouver, BC
Role: Business Development Representative (BDR)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Appara is an integrated legal services application that saves legal practice teams time and delivers enhanced productivity. Unlike other applications, we focus on the core of what a lawyer does, transactions. Appara is built on the back of our proprietary automation engine and intelligent analyzer, and leverages strategic integrations with industry leaders (Office 365, Quickbooks, DocuSign, AdobeSign). This allows our customers to complete their work in one place – accurately and fast.
We’re looking for a driven Business Development Representative (BDR) to support our Canadian sales activities. You will partner with our team to drive pipeline through self generated leads using best in class lead generation methodologies and technologies. In addition, you will partner with the Account Executive to generate interest through complimentary sales activities. In addition, you will be responsible for reaching out to legal associations and market influencers to articulate the value of Appara’s platform, leveraging examples of existing customers. Based in downtown Vancouver, you will report to Sales Leadership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Come take the next step in your career by working in the exciting legal software industry with Appara. You will take full ownership of the prospecting portion of the sales funnel/drive pipeline for the sales organization. This includes, but is not limited to;
- Develop and continually refine ideal customer personas for our legal software.
- Develop lists of potential customers by leveraging both inbound leads and through pro-active and creative outbound prospecting.
- Perform targeted email contact approaches to schedule discovery calls.
- Aim to understand the needs and goals of each customer in order to best align them with the appropriate solution, resources, or internal teams for follow-up.
- Immediately follow-up with potential Appara customers to arrange or facilitate a sales driven call
- Provide an excellent customer experience with each point of contact. Reach out multiple times to each lead to drive connection.
- Continually follow-up with and monitor passed leads. Ensure a consistent customer experience and momentum with follow-up time
- Upward manage the Account Executive to ensure effective handover of qualified leads (e.g., demos happen in timely manner). Help the Account Executive move leads to start a trial.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A Degree in Business, Marketing, or another related field.
- 1-2 years’ previous experience in Sales, Marketing or Customer Service.
- Used CRM, email sequencing, and prospecting software.
- Ability to collaborate and work with others to deliver results. Clearly contribute to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs.
- A focus on the customer, demonstrating a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish. Therefore doesn’t give up.
- Can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects.
- Results oriented, consistently meeting or excessing targets, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results.
- Attention for details and having an applied curiosity for legal software and business routines.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and clearly motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises. Above all taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
- Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
- Make an impact: Working at the speed of innovation, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power productivity. In addition, our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
- Learn and grow: We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging. Also, are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.